Coronavirus Response: The Wasp Specialist remain committed and ready to help protect your family, home and business as an essential service provider in Dublin.
Strict Measures at Client’s Premises: In order to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus, & keep everyone safe we are adhering strictly to HSE Guidelines (www.hse.ie) & Irish Government for the safety & well being of everyone.
Wasp Specialist technicians are certified and professionaly trained in pest control
Same Day / Next Day Service
Callouts attended within 24hrs
All wasp nest treatments are fully guaranteed
WASP NEST REMOVAL
Using professional and safe wasp control products, The Wasp Specialist gets rid of your wasp nest quickly and efficiently. Wasps will not return after treatment. Coverage: North and South Dublin.
Wasps can be very aggressive, but with over 20 years of experience and hundreds of wasp nests treated every summer in Dublin, we have expertise in dealing with hornets and wasps around your house. All situations are covered:
- Wasp nests in brick wall cavities, air vents, apertures;
- Hornets or wasps flying in and out of fascia boards, soffits, and other areas out of reach;
- Visible wasp nests hanging in garden sheds, ESB boxes, garages, bushes & trees;
- Nest of wasps under tree roots or underground;
- A wasp nest in attic - usually in the eaves, apex, overflow pipes or insulation;
Call The Wasp Specialist on (01) 452 3680 to get rid of a wasp nest.
HOW TO GET RID OF A WASPS NEST?
Treatment / Removal of the Nest
It is not an option to keep a wasp nest and hope that "it will die off next winter". By the end of the season it will grow to a size of 3000 to 5000 wasps. With an aggressive behaviour, a wasp nest built close to a house will soon represent a danger to passing people or children at play. People allergic to wasp stings should always stay away from the nest until it is properly dealt with.
Wasp sting risks should never be underestimated, as some individuals can get fatal allergic reactions within several hours, even under medical intervention.
In order to get rid of wasps we advise to remove or treat all signs of wasp nests. A professional wasp control technician uses protective gears and deliver the treatment directly into the nest, killing most wasps within the hour. When accessible the nest can also be taken away.
WASP STINGS & TREATMENT
To treat wasp stings effectively, we recommend the following:
- Stay calm: hornets and wasps can sting several times so walk away calmly;
- If signs of allergic reaction develop (see below), call immediately for medical help;
- If the stinger is still present scrape it out using a finger nail or a bank card;
- Wash the sting using soap and water;
- Apply ice or a cold cloth in order to reduce the swelling;
- Use aspirin to reduce the pain, and take an antihistamine (even if you are not allergic) to reduce swelling;
A normal wasp sting reaction will include swelling, redness, itching and pain all happening within a few minutes.
Severe reactions result in generalised swelling and itching, nausea, sweating, faintness, headache, vomiting or stomach cramps, diarrhea, breathing difficulty, and in extreme cases anaphylactic shock with death resulting.
If you experience the above severe reactions you should call an ambulance immediately.