Wasps can be useful around the garden when eating caterpillars and flies. But they can be a nuisance too when their nest grows near your home. They can sting and their persistence can be irritating; they also represent a threat to those who are allergic to stings. If you get stung on the neck or in the mouth, or if you develop symptoms of nausea, giddiness, pronounced swelling, strong pain after a sting, you should seek medical help immediately.
If you notice a lot of wasp activity around your property and you are not confident dealing with the risks on your own, Contact your local Wasp Specialist in Dublin for safe wasp prevention and removal.
Here is some interesting facts about wasps
1. Try not to kill a wasp near its nest as the venom contains a pheromone that attracts the other wasps and make them become more aggressive.
2. Wasps may sting over and over again.
3. Wasp stings usually wear off within a day, but for some people the venom causes anaphylactic shock (which can be fatal).
4. Wasp nests are made of papier mache coming from chewed up strips of bark.
5. A male wasp is called a "Drone". They die shortly after having mated with the Queen.
6. A wasp nest starts with only one queen each spring. She first raises a few worker wasps to bring food and make the nest larger.
7. In Ireland a nest can grow to 50,000 wasps during the summer. Check the huge wasp nest we removed from an attic in Dublin on the picture.
8. In the winter some new queens survive by hibernating in attics, tree bark, old rodent burrows or other sheltered space.
9. Wasps live all over the world except Antarctica.
10. A queen starts a new colony each spring.
The Wasp Specialist remove wasps around your home in Dublin North and South. Getting rid of a wasp nest without experience and protections can be risky for home or property owners. DIY wasp removal can expose you, your neighbours and family to the risk of wasp stings as they try to protect their nest from attack.
If you try DIY wasp nest treatment but don't get the entire nest, wasps that where not present can return and hang around your property for weeks, causing more risks. The Wasp Specialist has certified staff who can determine why the wasps are attracted to your property and where they come from. We can also provide solutions to remove nests and prevent their return.
Contact your local Wasp Specialist Dublin today:
Call: (01) 452 3680
or fill out the Online Form